Monday 9 February 2009

Grow some balls you yellow bellied suits....

The usual bleary eyed journey to work started quite badly today, upon descending the stairs to Bow Rd Westbound platform, I was immediately struck by the sheer volume of people awaiting the next train. I'm not at all claustrophobic, timid or adverse to large numbers of people, in fact if anyone was to cry torches & pitchforks I'd be first in the mob. Fact is, people annoy me for a variety of reasons, some smell, some have little to no manners whatsoever, but mostly it's my own anger management issues I suppose.

Today's incident (and these kind of things are fairly frequent in my world) reminded me of a walk home from school around aged 13. I had almost reached my bus stop when I came across a bloodied lad named Jamie, nose spewing claret. I enquired as to what events had transpired, and it slowly emerged that amongst other things, one of our year group had lamped him for 'being soft'. Jamie had been set upon by three boys from a rival school, and by all accounts was getting a fair kicking. Mark (from our school, one of those that seemed about 3 years older than the rest in both size and
facial hair growth) saw it going down and had jumped to his aid, smacked the three rivals about and sent them packing tail between their legs. As soon as Mark began helping , Jamie fled and simply left him to it. Mark was not best pleased with his response, saw the lads off then chased after Jamie and gave him a couple of smacks for good measure.

Now I'm not one to condone violence, but I can understand Marks anger and actions in regards to lilly livered Jamie. I can't abide bystanders, of whom we have far too many these days. All it takes for evil to conquer and so forth...



The carriage today was fair crammed, and being the District line was of the older stock with central poles in the seating areas. One inconsiderate, tight jeans glasses wearing fashion victim had leant himself against said pole leaving several people without anything to hold onto, a number of whom were of the fairer sex. Naturally I immediately said to the afore mentioned reprobate, 'do you mind, people need to hold onto that, including me'.

He squinted at me, mouth ajar, I could almost hear the tumble weed rolling through his mind. He shifted from a full back lean to a one shouldered lean, still blocking the pole for the majority and trying to retain some position of superiority. 'Fucking move... NOW.' I heard myself say, which he did, promptly. Several hands grasped for the now vacant pole, and I could feel eyes searching to gain contact with my own, which I imagine would have been a mixed attempt at thanks and affirmation of my actions. I intentionally neglected to catch the eye of any of my fellow passengers, I was just as enraged with them as I was with the pole hogging fool. Apathetic bystanders beware, you're just as guilty and you shall also feel the wrath....

No claret.....

No comments:

Post a Comment